Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Medical Communications Manager
Bothell, WA 98021 United States
• Oversight and review of marketing / promotional and sales training materials
o Verify medical accuracy, fair balance, completeness of materials and accuracy of citations
o Determine whether data conveys accurate and non-misleading messages or impressions of the product
o Interface and collaborate with Commercial Project Sponsors of materials to resolve issues and questions about materials during the review process
o Enter requested revisions / comments in the promotional review material database and attend weekly promotional review meetings to contribute interactive discourse regarding revisions or comments
o Manage, plan and schedule timelines for in-house or Vendor data checking of materials and ensure procurement of supporting documents and references from the Project Sponsor to facilitate data checking
• Develop scientifically accurate materials/slides for the Medical Sciences Liaison (MSL) Team and key internal stakeholders
o Proactively review pertinent and emerging scientific literature / clinical trial data and transform data into appropriate enduring materials/slides
o Manage and track project timelines
o Submit materials to Medical Affairs Review Committee (MARC) for review and approval, attend MARC meetings to address questions from the Committee, and revise per MARC comments for final approval, accordingly
o Identify issues and obstacles that could impact the timely completion of materials/slides and resolve them with key stakeholders or Medical Communications Senior Management
o Manage organization/maintenance of slide archive libraries and coordinate slide users’ requests
o Use slide management tool to track metrics and maintain audit trails to prevent regulatory and compliance issues
• Support Medical Communications Senior Management with publication planning activities, such as:
o Attend publication team meetings to contribute planning and strategy in support of the publication plan and goals
o Manage tracking of company- or Investigator-led publications and generate tracking reports for Medical Communications Senior Management
o Monitor related industry issues for publication planning, adhere to company best publication practices, and participate in educating internal stakeholders about best publication practices
o As needed, attend medical and scientific conferences to support sponsored speakers, presentations, and participate in the reporting of competitive intelligence within company guidelines
o Track timelines and milestones for projects contracted with communication agencies providing tactical support and provide status reports to Medical Communications Senior Management
o Supervise the work of Vendor Medical Writers ensuring work is high quality and developed on time and budget
• As needed, support achievement of broader Medical Affairs organizational goals, projects, and timelines
Education, training, experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
• An advanced doctoral degree (M.D., Ph.D., or Pharm. D) required.
• Minimum of 5 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience (such as Medical Communications, Medical Writing, or Medical Education) in or with the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
• Comprehensive understanding of Medical Communications projects including promotional review, publication planning, and MSL support.
• A minimum of 3 years previous experience writing and editing peer-reviewed clinical publications and MSL slides.
• A minimum of 3 years of publication planning and knowledge of external clinical publication practices and standards (ICMJE, AMA, GPP).
• Demonstrable strong leadership, communication skills (verbal / written),strong negotiation skills, and ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
• Experience managing contract vendors.
• Medical Affairs experience a plus.
• Up to 5% domestic travel.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer.
Terms & Conditions