Job Seeker Home
Director, North American Strategic Account Management, Diagnostics
Seattle, WA 98109 United States
NanoString Technologies is a privately held provider of life science tools for translational research and developer of molecular diagnostics. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is the first and only technology platform to deliver highly multiplexed, direct profiling of individual molecules in a single reaction without amplification. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile hundreds of gene transcripts, copy number variations, or miRNAs simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision. The company’s technology enables a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications, including biomarker discovery and validation. NanoString is also developing the technology for use in molecular diagnostics. Nanostring received a CE Mark in 2012 for it’s Prosigna Breast Cancer Genomic Assay, and is in the process of launching the assay worldwide.
The Strategic Account Director position is responsible for developing and leading strategic initiatives within practice management groups (PMGs) and large group practices (LGPs). The SAM is responsible for developing a strategically targeted business plan with a keen understanding of the oncology business & market dynamics in the largest group practices and practice management groups in North America. Development of an account specific plan with outlined strategies/tactics with Nanostring’s identified top targeted practices.
• These primary customers include (but not limited to): USO, P4, ION, NCCN, CCE, ACCC, HCA, Tennessee Oncology, Florida Cancer Specialists, and Georgia Cancer Specialists.
• Maintain a coordinated approach with other departments while providing input into all aspects of the brand plan process with keen attention to meeting corporate objectives.
• Maintain alignment with sales/marketing/managed care and medical teams on all initiatives.
• Effectively communicate and take a collaborative approach in effectively penetrating these LGPs/PMGs. Leverage relationships in order to meet objectives while allowing unimpeded access within these top accounts. Maintain position as “the face” of NanoString within those PMGs/LGPs.
• Work with key accounts to establish and implement Pathways that include Prosigna to help in guiding treatment decisions.
• The SAM identifies ethical, innovative, customer oriented ideas in response to changing market forces while communicating proactively & effectively.
• Coordinate between sales, marketing, managed care, IT, legal, Clinical/Medical Affairs and other departments; demonstrating to market segments.
• Work with all levels of the sales management team – National, Area and Regional -so they can make accurate decisions within their responsible areas.
• Effectively manage budget with a bias on maximizing all resources and commercial objectives. Maintain an in-depth understanding of the ever changing oncology business practices.
• Present and update all teams at Diagnostics Franchise Team meetings, and other meetings as requested.
• Remain proficient in the area of molecular diagnostics and oncology in order to leverage the clinical data as required.
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the oncology market place as it relates to the large oncology group organizations and practice management groups.
Education, training, experience:
• Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience calling on National Accounts
• Diagnostics, pharmaceutical or medical device experience in oncology is strongly preferred
• Must be able to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree or above in business required, MBA Preferred
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions