Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Integrated Diagnostics (Indi)
Senior Level Research Scientist, Molecular Biology
Seattle, WA 98104 United States
Theraclone offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Theraclone Sciences is a privately held research and development biotech company located in Seattle, WA (www.theraclone-sciences.com). We focus on discovering and developing human monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic or as basis for vaccine development using the proprietary I-STAR™ technology that differentiates from other technologies by its success in isolating rare antibodies from the memory B cell repertoire. Theraclone has established discovery partnerships with Pfizer, Zenjaku Kogyo and the International AIDS Vaccine Research Initiative. In addition, Theraclone has two proprietary antibody programs in clinical development for pandemic and seasonal influenza and human cytomegalovirus (HCMB).
Theraclone is seeking an individual with in-depth expertise to serve as a team leader in conducting research and development utilizing high-throughput molecular biology technologies, 454 pyrosequencing and protein expression. Industry experience is highly preferred.
The qualified individual will have:
• Strong molecular cloning research experience with emphasis on antibody identification and structure analysis.
• Expertise in high-throughput automation and robotic systems is highly preferred.
• Current experience with 454 pyrosequencing and data file analysis.
• Solid background and hands-on experience in antibody expression in transient mammalian cell culture.
• Experience in CHO cell expression and hybridoma technology is highly desirable
• Demonstrated motivation and an acute aptitude to learn quickly, develop and implement new approaches, including the ability to devise experimental work-plans and project proposals
• Strong teamwork mentality (as a team leader and team member)
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic fast-moving matrix organization.
• Experience as a project leader in an industry setting
• Aptitude to identify new opportunities to expand the Theraclone platform technology and to work with teams to augment the discovery pipeline.
In a matrix working environment, the successful candidate will be expected to
• Contribute as a project team member and group leader in our efforts to discover novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies against targets of clinical significance.
• Design, develop and execute work-plans and experimental strategies to characterize and validate selected antibodies as therapeutic leads.
• Collaborate internally across multidisciplinary functional groups and externally with academic and industrial partners to deliver on project and company goals.
• Design, develop and implement therapeutic antibody discovery strategies, compatible with Theraclone’s I-Star technology platform.
Theraclone offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered. Please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions