Job Seeker Home
Research Associate III, Product Development
Seattle, WA 98109 United States
NanoString Technologies is a privately held provider of life science tools for translational research and developer of molecular diagnostics. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is the first and only technology platform to deliver highly multiplexed, direct profiling of individual molecules in a single reaction without amplification. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile hundreds of gene transcripts, copy number variations, or miRNAs simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision. The company’s technology enables a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications, including biomarker discovery and validation. NanoString is also developing the technology for use in molecular diagnostics.
We are seeking an RAIII to join our Product Development team. In this position you will develop and refine biological reagents as well as assay protocols for the nCounter™ Analysis System. This individual also will interact directly with other teams to transfer new processes from an R & D environment to a production or clinical environment.
Education, training, experience:
• A B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field with a minimum of six years of relevant laboratory experience, or M.S. with commensurate experience
• Experience performing molecular biology protocols including nucleic acid manipulation and characterization techniques
• Familiarity with tools used for the analysis of gene expression such as DNA microarrays and Q-PCR
Additional qualifications include:
• Previous product development experience within the life sciences industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a project team
• Proven ability to meet defined schedules and deadlines
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions